Carburetor maintenance common sense
If the engine or motorcycle is not used for a long time (more than one week), please clean the residual oil in the carburetor to prevent the residual oil from corroding the copper parts and causing the carburetor to malfunction.
One. Check, clean and maintain the carburetor regularly. Generally speaking, it is better to find experienced professional maintenance personnel to avoid repair and adjustment at will.
2. The oil level of the carburetor float chamber has been carefully adjusted and qualified before leaving the factory. Do not arbitrarily adjust to avoid malfunctions (oil leakage, black smoke, oil supply failure, etc.).
three. For non-professionals, do not adjust the carburetor idling screw (PS).
four. Check, clean, or replace the air and fuel filters of the fuel tank frequently.
5. When the carburetor is not used for a long time, it should be stored in a clean float chamber to prevent gasoline from deterioration and stickiness, clogging the orifices and oil channels, causing the carburetor to be scrapped.
6. When cleaning the carburetor, do not use wire to poke various measuring holes or small channels. Soak and clean with clean gasoline or special cleaning agent, and blow holes with compressed air.
Common faults and simple troubleshooting methods
After a long-term use of a motorcycle engine, a carburetor failure will occur. Generally, the carburetor is not properly fueled and cannot provide the air-fuel ratio mixture required by the engine under different operating conditions. Here are some typical failure modes and troubleshooting methods.
One. [Failure Mode] Difficult to start
[Failure phenomenon] Under normal circumstances, the motorcycle engine fails to start within 15 seconds, whether it is a pedal or electric start, at an ambient temperature of -10 ° C or above.
[cause of issue]
? ? When starting, the carburetor mixture is too thin. If the spark plug is removed, the spark plug is oil-free and dried.
(2) In the idling hole of the carburetor, oil impurities are blocked in the low-speed oil passage of the body.
? ? When starting, the carburetor mixture is too rich. If you remove the spark plug, you will find obvious oil residue on the spark plug.
(1) Improper idle speed adjustment of carburetor;
Carburetor idling air flow hole, idling airway blocked.
(1) Adjust the carburetor air-fuel ratio screw according to the above specifications;
Clean the carburetor channels and measurement holes.
2. [Failure Mode] Poor Idle Speed
[Failure phenomenon] No idle speed; Idle speed is unstable.
[cause of issue]
(1) Improper adjustment of the idle air-fuel ratio screw;
(2) Impurities or fuel deposits in the idler oil passage of the carburetor;
(3) The idle hole of the carburetor is blocked;
(4) Leakage between carburetor and engine.
Adjust the carburetor air-fuel ratio screw according to the above specifications;
Clean the carburetor idling channel and idling metering hole;
Damaged seal between carburetor and engine coupling.
three. [Failure mode] High fuel consumption
The number of miles traveled on the fuel tank has been reduced.
[cause of issue]
(1) Improper adjustment of air-fuel ratio;
(2) The main hole and idle hole of the carburetor have a large oil cross-section due to long-term wear and tear;
(3) The engine air filter is too dirty and the filter is blocked;
The choke is not fully open.